Monday, November 30, 2009

one month later

10/30 is the day I went out and got stabbed, though i guess it happened early on the 31st.

I just got home from work, and carried the batteries up from my scooter. Each is about the size of a car battery. Not a major feat, but this is the first day I was able to do that without the left arm dropping it or it hurting a lot. So the damaged muscles are apparently healing.

My boss suggested I'd be paid, which is good. he also approached a friend and offered him my job behind my back, which is...also good. I want out of here. My friend turned it down, and the school apparently plans on not telling me anything until a replacement has been found. I plan on being gone soon, though I may wait until after the Chinese New Year. I guess I'd rather they pay me for the few weeks off.

Last night was my debut as a bartender at Friends. went well, largely because I don't do much other than talk to people and put beer in buckets. I have a lot of practice talking, and taking beer out of buckets.

oh i received an apology and money from the guy responible for the stabbing. i don't believe he's sincere, and the amount was less than half of what i'm out after medical bills and suspensions. others are working on his deportation and getting him fired. I'm not spiteful, but would prefer the next attempted murder not be in my city. I'd like him to just leave, but apparently he wants to be driven out. I am not involved in what they're doing. people look out for me (and the other injured ones).

November sucked.

No comments: