Monday, November 23, 2009

Continuing the nonsense

I am still struggling with my employer. I am back at work, but they do not intend to pay me for the time I was off, most of which I missed because they would not allow me to return. Their reasoning is:

1. My contract promises me 15 days paid sick leave. i was not sick. i was injured. I do not have injury leave. This is the first time anyone I have spoken with here has heard that argument.

2. I did nothing to arrange for my classes to be covered when injured, so they had to hire someone else. Again, i am unaware of any other company which requires an ill or injured person to find their own replacement.

3. It isn't fair they have to pay me when I'm not working. Admittedly, they wrote a contract and signed it, saying they would, but only a truly depraved man would expect them to do such a thing.

4. i haven't had the decency to apologize for what i did, and seem unremorseful. One would almost think I don't regret trying to save someone's life, and might do it again in a similar situation

So, at the moment i'm back. The school had pressured me into not trying to force the police to do anything about an attempted murder that scarred me for life because someof their teachers do not have the proper work visas. They are now enraged that I am planning to go to arbitration for half a month's salary, as this is far more likely to lead to the discovery of their illegal workers. It's not inconceivable that I'll mention it in my written complaint. I'd hate to think of people who are uninvolved being deported over this, but I get more offended each day. Cooperating with the police led to my punishment. They felt i was putting them at risk. But they will risk it to save under $900.

Otherwise, the job hasn't been too bad, so it is likely I won't ask for a release in arbitration. i kind of like the thought of forcing them to pay me while they are fined hundreds of thousands of reminbi, then continuing my job as though nothing happened. I could probably get a release and more more money, but this is much more fun

No comments: