Monday, January 14, 2008

Hmm

Our school has reward activities for students. If they are behaving, they get points every day. if they get enough points, they get one free class, where they play basketball, playstation, cook or do something else as a reward. This week, we're giving everyone a reward day. The idea is to hook them, so they all want it again (A strategy used by drug dealers as well.). This is making the day somewhat chaotic, and has some of the kids boiling over with energy (some are like that every day).

Last period was my prep period, and today it was dedicated to monitoring the few kids who picked surfing the net as their reward activity. We were going to use a computer room, but couldn't find a teacher in either oom, and they were so few we returned to my room. They mostly wanted to play music and dance around, which didn't seem too harmful.

After 20 minutes, the door open and a few administrators wandered in, looking the room over. I have an ugly room which needs me to decorate it more (I'm lazy in that regard), but I do have all the lesson plans, fire codes, school mottoes, and other stuff up, so i wasn't too concerned.

After a few minutes, the assistant principal asked me what the kids were supposed to be learning. It wasn't until then that I realized they thought my class might normally consist of listening to Soulja Boy and dancing. I assume that would make me the most popular teacher here.

Moral of the story: I'm dumb

No comments: