Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lollapalooza-Sunday

Me "We have a lot of time to get there"
Bear "We are not missing the Cribs. I'll leave you if we do"

Ok, maybe too soon.



I had never heard of Mumford & Sons until I was flying home and heard them on the plane. I guess they have a hit (of sorts) but this is the song I heard, and it blew me away. Everything else was godo too. One of the best surprises of the weekend, and not just because it gave me an excuse to say "Mumford" a lot.



Always wanted to go to the dj part, and my nondancing spouse never wanted to. She made an exception for a few hours, in part because there was no one else she really wanted to see, and partially because she's a wonderful person. She seemed to really enjoy it.



Going to see MGMT, we had to make a choice; fight through the massive crowd to try to get somewhere that the 4'11 Bear could see, or head across the field where the sound was terrible but where we would be right in front for the National. We chose the latter, but tried to enjoy MGMT.



The National were way better than expected. We thought they'd be good, but they blew us away. Definitely the right decision about where to stand. The singer was right in front of us at the beginning, before climbing a wall and heading out into the crowd.



Finally, the arcade Fire. Simply put, one of the best concerts I have ever seen. Words fail me. The video doesn't quite capture how awesome it was, but you get the idea.

No comments: