Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lollapalooza-Saturday

I'm not sure what is wrong with me, but I keep showing up to watch Canadians. I only encourage them. Still, I really like the new Stars album, so what could I do?



Against Me was good enough to make us leave The stars early. Might be my favorite album fromt his year. Might not. But maybe. The Bear was perplexed by the decision to do this song and "babe, I'm an Anarchist" as I guess it seems inconsistent. She did approve of the idea of fires.



Any chance that arises to see Gogol Bordello should be seized. Amazing again.



man, we walked a lot on saturday. We darted acroos the park to catch the beginning of Metric. One of the bands I didn't expect much from, but we almost stayed for the whole thing. really good.


Instead we went back to the South side to catch Social Distortion, and our lives are richer for the experience.



then darted over to catch Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic eroes. I never heard of them, which made me in the minority. We're somewhere in the midst of this giant crowd which was singing along like maniacs. it was unreal. Bittersweet to hear the Bear sing this, as home is apparently not wherever I am



Then went back over to see green Day. What can I say? they were huge. They were great. Wish we could have seen Phoenix too, but definitely the correct call was made.

No comments: