Friday, December 19, 2008

looking up

Seem to be overcoming the flu. My fever broke last night. Had two friends invite themselvesover for dinner. Since they cooked dinner, i can't complain. I was lousy company, and they didn't stay long, but sure enough, about an hour after they left, I felt much better. I guess I do needto eat, even when laying in bed sounds preferable.

And yes, I do have the sort of friends who hear I'm, soto the market, buy food, and come over to make sure I'm eating. I complain about some aspects of my life here, but I know I'm lucky.

Hmm, I was feeling extra happy because i found that wolfgang's vault works quite well in China, and now it abruptly seems to have stopped. It used to be a site full of concerts by classic rock bands I wasn't really a fan of, but after I abandoned it, they discovered there was music after the Allman Brothers, and it turned rather good. Maybe it just hates The Cure. British Sea Power andThe Gutter Twins were fine. Free concerts streaming makes me happy. Not as happy as free food perhaps, but close.

I believe this area is officially subtropical. It gets chilly at night, and will be kind of cold in february, but it's still pretty nice. So I'm fortunate that I can probably head out to the park in a bit and soak up some sun. I'm still a bit tired, and probably should cancel all my plans with friends who have small children, as I'm guessing they don't need the flu for Christmas. Not drinking due to illness and avoiding people with children really frees up my schedule.

May go hiking tomorrow with some students. If my energy level is up to it, that is. Living in the countryside means I am surrounded by endless green hills. I really should take advantage of that. the students raised all different types of hell when rumor said we might leave, so it becomes harder and harder not to like them.

No comments: