Sunday, December 21, 2008

flu

Man, does the flu suck. Thankfully, it seems to be fading. Hopefully I'll be back in class tomorrow.

Cancelled plans to meet a friend for dinner yesterday, so she popped up at my door with vegetables and cooked. So, Tuly is now possibly my best friend. I was hungry, but the thought of standing up for a while and focusing on cooking without hurting myself or starting a fire was overwheliming.

I spent much of yesterday laying on my balcony, enjoying the unexpected warmth and trying to sweat out my fever. I'm not sure it worked, but it felt good.

Watched the Orphanage for a while last night after dinner. The challenege was that its in Spanish, and we could choose between English or Chinese subtitles. We went with English, and I did a surprisingly good job of following along. I've seen it before, so that helped, but apparently my Spanish is much better when I'm delirious. If I'm lucky, I'll be a little ill if I make it to Mexico in February.

Now, my bed is calling

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope you feel better! --your favorite sista-in-law