Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The return

This is shaping up to be a long 3 months before summer comes.

I believe I tore something in my elbow Monday. A student ran into my room and flipped over a table for no real reason. I grabbed him to stop him from running out of the room, using my already injured arm, and dear god did it hurt. Thankfully, another student was there and began berating him for messing up my room and being disrespectful. he ordered him to clean everything up, so I could focus on not injuring myself further.

Yesterday we had a bunch of VIPs visit. Generally a nervewracking experience, since our kids feel they need to clown around more since they have a new audience. My students instead cooperated and did some pretty impressive work. They was actually some of the best classes I've had all year (apart from the one class that never works at all. All my severe cases are bunched together). I'm pretty proud of them, and rather disappointed my room wasn't visited. Hopefully things go as well when the state comes in a few weeks.

I stopped writing just now for a few minutes to talk to another teacher. The student who I mentioned chasising the guy who flipped over the table is apparently in the hospital. He was in a fight away from the school, and it sounds like he's not expected to live. He's had a tough year, but has really pulled his act together lately, which has made a lot of us feel really proud of him. I hope he proves his doctor's wrongs

No comments: