Monday, May 24, 2010

dust settles

The last year was chaos, though sometiems entertaining and rewarding chaos. Now things have calmed down, and i'm settling into a routine. Blogging about stabbings, quitting jobs, etc=moderately interesting. Blogging about gong to the gym and teaching adult classes=dull.


Did an exercise where the students are given a group of people and asked to choose 5 to put on a spaceship before an asteroid kills everyone on Earth. Like many of my activities, this one isn't about the right answer, but about explaining your reasoning. It didn't go well in the first 2 classes, but today was awesome.

"I would leave the little girl, because she might cry."

"I would take the mechhanic so we can try to build a PS3"

"I can't decide. I want to take the best looking men."

"Who will pay me the most?"

"Can I choose 6 people and I stay here? This sounds like it would be more fun to die"

No comments: