Tuesday, March 23, 2010

change

I haven't been much, as I've mostly been looking for work. finally worked out a pretty good deal with a university here. i'll get a place to live, decent money, a fairly light work load, easy classes, and can continue teaching elsewhere, so long as it doesn't interfere with their classes. so i'll be making pretty good money by continuing some of the part time gigs. it's moe hours than i worked before, but i like most of my classes a great deal, so i don't mind.


one of the best things about the job is that it's in Zhongshan. The last frustrating month or two was made way better by friends. In particular, people like Wendy, Lucy, Norm, Mark and probably a few others tried to help me find students, while Karen, Yolanda and Sandy helped by tracking down people at schools where no one spoke English. It was encouraging watching people try to keep me here. Thanks

No comments: