Tuesday, January 27, 2009

brief update

I'm back in Chicago after a week in Mexico. Chicago has decided to be reasonable and only be about 6 (-14 C for you non-Americans), so its not as bad as it was two weeks ago. Its still something like 52 (13 C) in Hong Kong, so its kind of cold, but I feel the cold instead of a numbness that makes me think I'll die any minute.

Mexico was great. Lot of sightseeing, only a little beach time. Which is probably good, as I burnt the color of tandoori chicken in about 2 hours. Putting on a wetsuit when you're bright red is a fun task. Luckily diving makes it feel better for two reasons:
The water was cool
You kind of realize at some point that you can't screw up at the bottom of the sea or you'll die. When you have that epiphany, some things become less important.

Not much of note going on. Seeing friends and family, spending tiem with my wife, eating foods that China doesn't have. And complaining about the cold.

Tandoori Chicken Pictures, Images and Photos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't forget spending time with your favorite SISTA-in-law